ACT II – Skills-Building Intensive Training
Choose your location:
Join us for an ACT clinical skills-building intensive, an opportunity to practice reading, targeting, and moving psychological flexibility processes. In this entirely new type of intermediate ACT workshop, the most experienced ACT therapist of all, Steve Hayes, has developed a comprehensive set of creative exercises that build out ACT as different type of evidence-based practice: not protocols for syndromes, but evidence-based processes linked to procedures that address problems and promote prosperity in people.
ACT II will help you see psychological flexibility processes in flight, and target these processes at will within the therapeutic relationship, changing evidence-based therapy from a kind of march into a fluid psychotherapeutic dance. Even the style of the workshop is different. This skills-building intensive creates more fluid and flexible ACT abilities by creatively breaking ACT down into a manageable set of key skills and learning them by demonstration, practice, and feedback. If you have ever felt stuck in a corner of the psychological flexibility model in your ACT work, after this workshop you will learn moves that takes you out of that corner and advances therapeutic progress.
This 2-day training will help you:
- Detect psychological flexibility processes in flight in session
- Conceptualize cases in terms of flexibility processes
- Target psychological flexibility processes at will at any point in therapy
- Develop flexible and productive core intervention skills in ACT
- Use these skills to create a powerful therapeutic relationship
ACT BootCamp Tampa – Fall 2016
A Transformative Training Experience
ACT BootCamp® is more than just a long workshop. This four-day event is a distillation of everything that’s so exciting about acceptance and commitment therapy. Over this long weekend, you can expect to:
- Learn the basics of the model from some of the most experienced and respected trainers in the community
- Watch master clinicians demonstrate the work
- Explore ACT experientially, learning it from the inside out
- Discover and practice effective and evidence-bases clinical skills
BootCamp is an ideal introduction to the ACT model for complete beginners. There is no experience necessary to make the most of this workshop. However, even very experienced ACT therapists will find that the entire workshop will enrich and deepen their practice. And everyone, regardless of level, will benefit tremendously from the atmosphere of community and connection that only this event can generate.
Day 1: Demystifying ACT with D.J. Moran
Day 2: Touch the heart of ACT with Kelly Wilson
Day 3: Dive into the method of the model with me, Steve Hayes
Day 4: Applying ACT skills flexibly in clinical practice: Heart and Feet with Robyn Walser.
Dates: Nov. 3-6, 2016
Location: Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore
5303 W Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, Florida 33609